Lady Truth Good
The goal here for Lady Truth Good is simple – to provide human trafficking facts and statistics in the United States of America. By learning the signs, we can protect ourselves and others.
First, to do this, we must ask ourselves:
- What is human trafficking?
- How do human traffickers get their victims?
- How can you spot human trafficking?
- What are the facts and statistics that we need to know?
By educating ordinary citizens about this hidden activity, we can end “modern day slavery”! However, we must take bold action now. Please join in this conversation by contacting me!
Human Trafficking Facts and Statistics
Facts About Modern Day Slavery : The Untold Truth About Human Trafficking
What is Human Trafficking?
Human trafficking now leads the global economy as the fastest growing business in the world with an estimated $150 billion in annual revenues.
- Human trafficking involves the total control of a human being through the use of force, deception, and threats.
- Often these trafficking rings force their targets into forced labor, commercial sex acts, or domestic service in order to repay undefined or unspecified debt bondage. This debt rapidly escalates and can never be repaid.
- Hence, human trafficking is called modern-day slavery.
About Lady Truth Good
Modern Day Slavery: The Untold Truth About Human Trafficking is the story of a modern day “shero” who confronts those who seek to control and claim ownership of another human being.
Unaware of the red flag indicators of trafficked individuals, Lady Truth is shocked when she discovers all of these red flags in her life.
When her cries for help to her community go unanswered, she summons her inner strength to speak truth to power. In finding her voice, Lady Truth will not be shamed or victimized by those who seek to silence her.
Instead, she seeks to provide hope to other victims of human trafficking and speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.
Importantly, this book educates readers about the indicators and signposts of human trafficking so that it can be stopped in this country.